Lead the development, implementation and administration of our fundraising and marketing strategies.
Freewheelers Theatre and Media is an inclusive theatre company that brings disabled and non-disabled performers, tutors and technical staff together with support from the local community. We aim to change perceptions of disability, break down barriers and change lives, through high-quality, hi-tech, innovative theatre, dance, music, film and visual arts.
This is an exciting new role for Freewheelers Theatre and Media Company in which the Fundraising & Marketing Officer will lead the development, implementation and administration of our fundraising and marketing strategies.
Working with the Board of Trustees and Senior management team, the post holder will increase and diversify our fundraising income through our existing fundraising activity and develop new areas such as corporate sponsorship.
- To develop applications to grant making trusts and foundations (supported by Senior management team) to support the development and delivery of new projects/productions, as well as to support core costs where possible.
- To develop and maintain strong relationships with grant making trusts and foundations (both new and existing), including demonstration of project outcomes through grant reporting.
- To actively seek opportunities to raise our profile in the local community to prospective sponsors/supporters such as presentations to the Rotary, charity of the year opportunities, corporate partners etc.
- To provide regular feedback to the Board of Trustees and Senior management team on progress against fundraising strategy and other associated targets.
Marketing & Communications
- To plan and deliver marketing campaigns to support the implementation of the fundraising strategy in collaboration with the Board of Trustees and Senior management team and in line with budgets set.
- To design and produce marketing materials in-house where possible.
- To manage our presence on third party sites such as LocalGiving, Google, Family Information Service etc.
- To co-ordinate other supporter communications, including monthly newsletter and e-bulletins.
- To increase the charity’s social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms, with the primary aim of raising our profile and as a result increasing the number of followers/supporters.
- To actively seek opportunities/partners for collaborative projects, including relevant venues and organisations where we can showcase our work and extend our reach to new audiences.
- To maintain and update the database to ensure accurate record keeping.
What are we looking for?
- Experience of the arts or wider charity sector fundraising is essential
- Knowledge of disability, preferably disability arts and a keen interest in the arts
- A proven track record of supporting the development of a successful fundraising strategy, including achieving fundraising targets
- Excellent bid writing skills with the ability to produce creative and high quality copy
- Experience of working with external partners and supporters to fulfil all aspects of a fundraising campaign
- Excellent working knowledge of social media for fundraising activity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working collaboratively as part of a team
Responsible to: General Manager
Contract: Part-time (22.5 hours) – Initial one year contract with potential extension.
Salary: £25-28k Pro-Rata
To apply please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to our General Manager, Katie Gentry: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 8th December.