We are seeking a positive and pro-active individual to provide maternity cover for our General Manager.
Freewheelers Theatre and Media is an inclusive theatre company that brings disabled and non-disabled performers, tutors and technical staff together with support from the local community. We aim to change perceptions of disability, break down barriers and change lives, through high-quality, hi-tech, innovative theatre, dance, music, film and visual arts.
- To monitor and ensure the company’s adherence to all policies and take the lead on reviewing these as required.
- To ensure health and safety requirements, documentation and training are actioned in accordance with current legislation and insurance needs.
- To oversee and ensure the organisation is compliant with relevant legislation including DBS, licences and insurance renewals.
- To identify company and individual training needs and organise relevant training sessions and courses for Staff, Associates, Volunteers and Members as required.
- To support financial administration of the company through regular communication with the Treasurer and Finance Admin.
- To create and maintain grant spreadsheets for the purpose of monitoring grant expenditure and supporting feedback to grant providers.
- To approve invoices and notify Finance Admin to action for payment.
- To be the first point of contact for all Staff and Associates regarding company operations and administration.
- To lead on recruitment of Staff, Associates and Volunteers including the development of job descriptions, advertisement of roles; shortlisting, interview administration.
- To prepare and issue offer letters and contracts for new Staff members, and to oversee inductions.
- To report any concerns to the Board of Trustees. Marketing and Communications:
- To lead the development of a Marketing Strategy in consultation with Marketing & Development Officer, Senior Management Team and Trustees.
- To liaise with the Marketing & Development Officer and wider Staff team to gather content for external and internal newsletters, as well as social media.
Partnership and Project Development:
- To support the development and maintenance of key partnerships, including attendance at relevant local events and meetings alongside the Senior Management team.
- To proactively seek new opportunities for development, collaboration, funding and performances. Safeguarding:
- To be the Safeguarding Lead for the company and escalate necessary concerns to the Safeguarding sub-committee.
- To actively monitor and update the Safeguarding policy in line with new and updated legislation.
- To ensure all relevant Staff, Associates and Volunteers receive adequate Safeguarding training.
- To lead the weekly Staff meeting, including preparation of the agenda and take minutes.
- To collate and distribute Board papers and take minutes of Trustee meetings.
What are we looking for?
The General Manager works as part of the Senior Management team alongside the Joint Artistic Directors and Board of Trustees to ensure the smooth day to day running of business operations. This is a diverse role providing leadership across the organisation in HR, Health & Safety and Safeguarding as well as line management of our Marketing & Development Officer and several Freelance Associates.
We are seeking a positive and pro-active individual to provide maternity cover for our General Manager. The successful candidate will have the experience and capacity to hit the ground running with strong management skills and a high level of organisational ability.
Please note that this job description is reflective of the current work pattern and is designed to provide an overall view of the role. Detailed handover of tasks and full training, where required, will be provided. The job description may be revised by the employer as and when necessary.
Responsible to: Board of Trustees
Contract: Part-time (22.5 hours) – A minimum of 9 months to a year fixed term commencing in March 2022.
Salary: £28-30k Pro-Rata
To apply please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to our General Manager, Katie Gentry: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 2nd February.